- Sale and eCommerce
How to create a purchase order from a sales order?
- Create a product, check ‘Replenish on Order (MTO)’ on the inventory tab and add a vendor in the purchase tab.
- Create and confirm a sales order with the product => a purchase order is created automatically.
Since Odoo 14 MTO is hidden (warehouse route is archived) and can be reactivated or replaced by using reordering rules > https://odootricks.tips/odoo-14-replenishment-mto/.
Make to Order vs Stock
- Make to Order = produce (manufacturing order) / buy every time you sell it (purchase order) on demand
- Make to Stock = deliver from stock = buy periodically to replenish inventory
Sale and eCommerce
How to set a temporary discount in an Odoo 14 shop
- Enable the pricelist feature.
- Set 15% discount in the store for a month.
- Enable discounts to show the public price and discount to the customer.
How to sell customizable products in an Odoo 14 shop
- Enable Variants in the settings.
- Create an attribute ‘Customization’ that will create variants dynamically.
- Give it 2 values, namely ‘None’ and ‘Name’, and make ‘Name’ custom.
- Make a product with this attribute and the 2 values and go to the shop.
- Choose the ‘Name’ option, enter your name, and buy the product.
- You will see a sales order is created with the customization info added to the sales order line.
How to sell a group (bundle, set, kit) of products in an Odoo 14 shop?
- Create a BoM …
- Create a Product that will be the set …
- Uncheck ‘Can be purchased’.
- Set product type to ‘Consumable’.
- Check the ‘Manufacture’ route on the Inventory tab.
- Set the BoM type to kit.
- Add components by adding 2 products.
- Create a Product that will be the set …
- Add the Product set to your cart.
- Look at the resulting order, confirm it and look at the delivery lines.
Simple demo of default e-commerce checkout process in Odoo 14
- Admin: logged into Odoo as a backend user.
- Guest: a customer that has no Odoo account.
- Admin sees no orders present yet.
- Guest adds a product to the cart
- Admin sees a quotation for the Public user.
- Guest enters his information.
- Admin sees the partner of the quotation is updated to a newly made contact.
- Guest makes payment.
- Admin sees payment is created and linked to the sales order.
- All payment data is available in Odoo after the user returns to the shop.
- Admin has to confirm the order and make an invoice manually. (Invoice should be in status ‘In paid’ … not sure why not.)
How to speed up selling/buying product variants in Odoo 14
First, you see the default way of adding product variants to a sales order, then I’ll show you what settings to enable to enhance this process.
- Enable the ‘Variant Grid Entry’ setting.
- Set the ‘Sales Variant Selection’ to ‘Order Grid Entry’ on the Variants tab of the product.
- Add product variant via a grid to a sales order.
How to move cash to bank in Odoo 14 (internal transfers)
- Receive money in your cash journal via a POS sale.
- Send money from your cash journal to your bank journal via internal transfers.
- Actually, take out the money from your cash journal and reconcile this statement line with the internal transfer.
- After the money is deposited at your bank, you will have to register an incoming bank statement line for the amount.
- Also, receive this money in your bank journal via internal transfers and reconcile.
- The internal transfer account is balanced after this process (although not with reconciled journal entries).
How to pay vendor bills with a credit card in Odoo 14
- Make a credit card (cc) journal (in this video VISA).
- Create vendor bills and pay them with cc.
- Register the cc statements you receive monthly from your cc service provider.
- Reconcile the outstanding cc payments with the cc statements.
- Register the amount your cc service provider debits from your bank account.
- Send this amount to the cc journal and receive it there via the internal transfer functionality.
- Create a new statement in the cc journal to actually receive the amount to set the cc balance back to 0.
- Now reconcile the transactions in the cc and bank journal with the internal transfer bookings.
A simple demo of manufacturing in Odoo 14
- Enable Work Orders in the manufacturing settings.
- Create a manufacturing order …
- Create a product that needs to be manufactured.
- Create a BoM (Bill of Materials) for this product …
- Create 2 products that are needed to assemble the product by adding them to the components list.
- Create 2 operations needed in the assembly in 2 different physical locations aka work centers.
- Save the manufacturing order and check for the availability of the component products.
- Update the quantity of the 2 components manually.
- Start and stop both operations on the Work Orders tab.
- Mark the manufacturing order as done.