- Sale and eCommerce
How to expand product variants in Odoo 13
Let’s say you have a product with 2 variants initially and you want to add a new attribute with 2 values so that your product will have 4 variants from now on.
By default, Odoo will delete (or archive when already referenced) your initial variants and create new ones.
If you want to prevent this, then first add your new attribute with just one value. Now Odoo will apply this new attribute value to your existing variants.
Add extra attribute values in a second step and now new variants will be added to your product template without touching the old ones.
How to autocreate internal references for variants in Odoo 13
Install the product_variant_default_code module from OCA and follow their great explanation.
Sale and eCommerce
How to speed up selling/buying product variants in Odoo 14
First, you see the default way of adding product variants to a sales order, then I’ll show you what settings to enable to enhance this process.
- Enable the ‘Variant Grid Entry’ setting.
- Set the ‘Sales Variant Selection’ to ‘Order Grid Entry’ on the Variants tab of the product.
- Add product variant via a grid to a sales order.
How to set a temporary discount in an Odoo 14 shop
- Enable the pricelist feature.
- Set 15% discount in the store for a month.
- Enable discounts to show the public price and discount to the customer.
How to sell customizable products in an Odoo 14 shop
- Enable Variants in the settings.
- Create an attribute ‘Customization’ that will create variants dynamically.
- Give it 2 values, namely ‘None’ and ‘Name’, and make ‘Name’ custom.
- Make a product with this attribute and the 2 values and go to the shop.
- Choose the ‘Name’ option, enter your name, and buy the product.
- You will see a sales order is created with the customization info added to the sales order line.
How to sell a group (bundle, set, kit) of products in an Odoo 14 shop
- Create a BoM …
- Create a Product that will be the set …
- Uncheck ‘Can be purchased’.
- Set product type to ‘Consumable’.
- Check the ‘Manufacture’ route on the Inventory tab.
- Set the BoM type to kit.
- Add components by adding 2 products.
- Create a Product that will be the set …
- Add the Product set to your cart.
- Look at the resulting order, confirm it and look at the delivery lines.
Simple demo of default e-commerce checkout process in Odoo 14
- Admin: logged into Odoo as a backend user.
- Guest: a customer that has no Odoo account.
- Admin sees no orders present yet.
- Guest adds a product to the cart
- Admin sees a quotation for the Public user.
- Guest enters his information.
- Admin sees the partner of the quotation is updated to a newly made contact.
- Guest makes payment.
- Admin sees payment is created and linked to the sales order.
- All payment data is available in Odoo after the user returns to the shop.
- Admin has to confirm the order and make an invoice manually. (Invoice should be in status ‘In paid’ … not sure why not.)
How to create a purchase order from a sales order
- Create a product, check ‘Replenish on Order (MTO)’ on the inventory tab and add a vendor in the purchase tab.
- Create and confirm a sales order with the product => a purchase order is created automatically.
Since Odoo 14 MTO is hidden (warehouse route is archived) and can be reactivated or replaced by using reordering rules > https://odootricks.tips/odoo-14-replenishment-mto/.
Make to Order vs Stock
- Make to Order = produce (manufacturing order) / buy every time you sell it (purchase order) on demand
- Make to Stock = deliver from stock = buy periodically to replenish inventory
How to move cash to bank in Odoo 14 (internal transfers)
- Receive money in your cash journal via a POS sale.
- Send money from your cash journal to your bank journal via internal transfers.
- Actually, take out the money from your cash journal and reconcile this statement line with the internal transfer.
- After the money is deposited at your bank, you will have to register an incoming bank statement line for the amount.
- Also, receive this money in your bank journal via internal transfers and reconcile.
- The internal transfer account is balanced after this process (although not with reconciled journal entries).
How to pay vendor bills with a credit card in Odoo 14
- Make a credit card (cc) journal (in this video VISA).
- Create vendor bills and pay them with cc.
- Register the cc statements you receive monthly from your cc service provider.
- Reconcile the outstanding cc payments with the cc statements.
- Register the amount your cc service provider debits from your bank account.
- Send this amount to the cc journal and receive it there via the internal transfer functionality.
- Create a new statement in the cc journal to actually receive the amount to set the cc balance back to 0.
- Now reconcile the transactions in the cc and bank journal with the internal transfer bookings.
A simple demo of manufacturing in Odoo 14
- Enable Work Orders in the manufacturing settings.
- Create a manufacturing order …
- Create a product that needs to be manufactured.
- Create a BoM (Bill of Materials) for this product …
- Create 2 products that are needed to assemble the product by adding them to the components list.
- Create 2 operations needed in the assembly in 2 different physical locations aka work centers.
- Save the manufacturing order and check for the availability of the component products.
- Update the quantity of the 2 components manually.
- Start and stop both operations on the Work Orders tab.
- Mark the manufacturing order as done.