How to set up a development environment with PyCharm?
- virtualenv ./venv -p /usr/bin/python(3) of python3.8 -m venv ./venv
- source ./venv/bin/activate
- pip(3) install -r odoo/requirements.txt (If psycopg2 is version 2.7.1 in this file, set it to 126.96.36.199 first.)
- Change the standard Python interpreter of your project to the newly created environment ... File > Settings > Project: Odoo? > Python Interpreter > Cog icon + Add > Select Odoo?/venv/bin/python(2.7).
- Make a run configuration ...
- + Python
- Script path = Odoo?/odoo/odoo -bin (or openerp-server before Odoo10)
- Parameters (do not copy/paste these params, the format could be wrong ... they should start with two hyphens)
- Odoo should be able to connect to your database, so make sure the params --db_user and --db_password are correctly set.
- If you have more environments of Odoo of even different versions, it's a good idea to force the selection of the correct database by setting --db-filter=^Odoo?$ as parameter.
- If you want your changes directly read from your xml files instead of from the database (as is default behaviour) you should add --dev=xml.
Could not execute command 'lessc' => sudo apt-get install node-less!